Helioviewer.org 2.2.2 Released

A new version of Helioviewer.org has been released, including a few new features to make it easier to share videos and links.

RELEASE NOTES:

Helioviewer.org 2.2.2 is an incremental release. This release is focused on sharing. Buttons have been added below movies to make it easier to share the movie on Facebook, Twitter, etc and optional link-shortening has been included for both Helioviewer.org and movie URLs using bit.ly. Another new feature is a visual glossary. While still a work in progress, the glossary aims to help make it easier to find out what the different terms used on Helioviewer.org, and also help determine what a partcular feature or event is.

Let us know what you think, or if you have any suggestions. Feedback is always welcome.

New features:

* Easy sharing on Facebook, Twitter, etc. using AddThis
* Added a visual glossary of solar terms
* URL shortening via bit.ly
* Download source JPEG 2000 images associated with an image layer
* It’s now possible to create 1-hour or 28-day movies

Bug fixes:

* Fixed bug #890721 Prevent redundant videos from being uploaded to YouTube
* Fixed bug #887154 Have links shared on Facebook use relevant thumbnail.
* Fixed bug #887634 Add a cap to video queue to avoid excessive wait times during heavy usage
* Fixed bug #887152 Fix an issue causing zoom slider to be improperly initialized
* Fixed bug #888270 Prevent flash video player from blocking movie links
* Fixed bug #888585 Escape square brackets in Helioviewer.org links to enable better automatic hyperlinking

Library updates:

* jQuery (1.6.4 => 1.7)
* jQuery Mousewheel (3.0.2 => 3.0.6)

Did you like this? Share it:
  1. #1 by Lily on December 11, 2011 - 1:26 pm

Hi,

Since the release of the new version, I cannot upload any movies on Youtube anymore. I always get this message {“error”:”Movie has already been uploaded. Please allow several minutes for your video to appear on YouTube.”} I really love to share my video with other users, so if anyone has any advice for me it will be greatly appreciated.

Lily

• #2 by keith on December 11, 2011 - 1:29 pm

Hi Lily,

I’m sorry you are having trouble uploading videos. You should only see that message when the video has already started uploading to YouTube.

Do the videos eventually appear on your YouTube account? Also, once you submit the upload, are you using the reload/refresh button of your browser?

• #3 by Lily on December 11, 2011 - 1:49 pm

Thank for the quick reply. At first I thought so too, but when I check “My videos” on Youtube, nothing has been uploaded. I also check helioviewer.org under the “recently shared”, nothing appeared. In the old version i will see “finished”. I am not using the reload/refresh button. I am using safari, and I have tried Firefox.

Lily

• #4 by keith on December 11, 2011 - 1:56 pm

Strange. I’ll see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Can you paste a link (e.g. http://helioviewer.org/?movieId=abc123) to the movie you are having trouble with?

Also, have you tried making a new movie and uploading it?

Thanks,
          Keith

• #5 by Lily on December 11, 2011 - 2:17 pm

Hi Keith,

I have tried many many times already. Here is one of the movies I have tried to upload http://helioviewer.org/?movieId=ZLl15. Hope you can solve the mystery for me :)

Lily

2. #6 by vema on December 13, 2011 - 12:10 pm

Hi,
    I have problem while downloading any image from AIA or elsewhere through Jhelioviewer showing connection reset problem. But i understtod that might be due our local server proxy problems. We have our own local proxy and proxy password. If any one help me how to invoke them in Jhelioviewer files or dierectories.

My system is Windows xp 2002,32 bit OS . Please note that Local Jp2 files can be loaded after Jhelioviewer initialisation.

thanks
    Vema.

3. #7 by Lily on December 13, 2011 - 1:01 pm

Hi Keith,

I have tried again today and I still cannot upload anything. I guess I just have to do the long way, download the movie first and then upload to Youtube.

Lily

• #8 by keith on December 13, 2011 - 2:46 pm

Hi Lily,

I looked into the problem some yesterday but have not yet found the source of the error. It looks like it may be an issue related to authentication with YouTube. I’m going to continue looking into the issue, but one thing you could try today would be to clear your browser’s cache and try the upload again. Let me know if you have any luck.

Keith

• #9 by Lily on December 14, 2011 - 12:59 pm

I have cleared my browser’s cache but still no luck. I am just wondering whether I am the only user having this problem. I have downloaded this video http://helioviewer.org/?movieId=Chy15 – Comet Lovejoy C/2011 W3, I really hope I can share this, but too bad. Thank you for your help.

Lily